Your Gardening Sub-Committee Members Are:
Shelly Upson - Unit 29
Therese Zupanovic - Unit 13
Barb Warren - Unit 42
Denise Evanoff - Unit
Rosanna Bird - Unit 23
The purpose of this committee is to provide ideas/suggestions, information, etc. to beautify our complex. Our first meeting will be held sometime in August and new members are welcome to join.
What is Don Bird’s (Unit 23) secret to a beautifully healthy looking garden? It takes more than a green thumb to make the plants and grass look great. Here are some steps Don recommends:
1. Early Spring (March or April) – Fertilize
2. Summer – No need to fertilize as Gelderman is scheduled to apply fertilizer
3. Fall – Weed and Feed
4. Water your grass once or twice a week depending on the weather (1 inch or for approximately one hour)
5. If you would like to give your plants a boost, apply compost around each plant in the spring.
6. Apply grass seed in the spring or fall to thicken your grass.